John Wood – Tenor
John is an accomplished Tenor from Manchester. He began singing at the age of 12 in productions such as Jekyll and Hyde, Godspell, and Sweeny Todd. John has a BA (hons) in Musical Theatre from the University of Chichester and a Pg dip in Classical performance from the London College of Music.
As a well established singer in Musicals and Opera, John has been lucky enough to notably perform roles such as Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Arturo (Lucia Di Lammermoor) and The Dancing Master (Das Spitsentuch der Konigin). John made his Royal Albert Hall debut in 2017 as a soloist for Opera Holland Parks’ “Opera and the Silver Screen” hosted by BBC Radio 3 presenter Petroc Trelawney.
John also works as a freelance choreographer with both musicals and opera.
Sample set Show One
- Hollywood – Michal Buble – into musical theatre medley to include items from Best of Broadway, Rodgers & Hammerstein, Golden Age
- ‘I Wanna Be Like You’/The Jungle Book (first song I ever sand)
- ‘Music of the Night’/Phantom of the Opera – (role I would love to play)
- ‘This is The Moment’/Jekyll & Hyde – (first show I ever saw on stage)
- ‘You’ll Be In My Heart’/Tarzan – (just me and my piano)
- ‘Careless Whisper’/George Michael – (tribute to why I started singing)
- ‘Shine My Shoes’/Swing
- ‘Mack The Knife’/Frank Sinatra
- ‘Funiculi, Funicula’/Neapolitan Song
- ‘Non ti scordar di me’/Curtis/Neapolitan Song
- ‘Nessun Dorma’/Turandot/Puccini
Sample set Show Two
- ‘Anything Goes’/Cole Porter – musical theatre medley, best of Broadway/Rodgers & Hammerstein and Golden Age.
- ‘O Sole Mio’/Neapolitan Song – with chat about ‘crossover’
- ‘Being Alive’/Company/Sondheim – (role I have played)
- ‘Bring Him Home’/Les Miserable/Boubil & Schonberg – (role I would love to play)
- ‘Cheek to Cheek’/Irving Berlin
- ‘The Prayer’/David Foster
- ‘Time To Say Goodbye’ (Con te Partirò)/Francesco Sartori
- ‘All I Ask Of You’ from Phantom of the Opera/Lloyd Webber
- ‘Caruso’/Lucio Dalla and La Donna è Mobile/Verdi